Hatch is looking for an experienced Senior Database Architect to join a young VC-backed startup based in Tysons, VA. Founded in 2013 in Cambridge, MA, our client deploys scalable machine intelligence and analytics systems across the most critical government and commercial institutions in the world to solve some of the hardest analytical problems.
This position will play a key role working on the Software Engineering/Machine Learning team as the sole Database Architect. This position will be responsible for taking ownership of data across the entire process from ingestion to dissemination and presentation to UI. This person will work closely with the Data Director. The ideal candidate will be familiar with database design, access control, working on Amazon as a base platform and making strategic architectural decisions.
Does this Describe You?
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience, and a good handle on database design, database architecture.
- Proven knowledge of Postgres, MongoDB, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, Amazon RDS, MySQL, Python, RabbitMQ
- You're excited by the idea of wrangling data and integrating knowledge extraction and data aggregation tools.
- You're precise, detail-oriented and comfortable with Agile software development processes.
- You're looking to work in a fun startup environment with great people!
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status